Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ugh

It's interesting how I ended up having three interviews around the holiday season, but nothing else since. Yeah, I get the occasional automatic email saying that they have reviewed my qualifications, I'm not a match, good luck, etc. I know, I have to give it time. But I'm ready to stomp my foot and cry out, "I want a job NOW! Gimme gimme gimme!"

Ugh.

So I am currently on-schedule to apply for fifteen jobs by sometime Saturday. I applied for four yesterday and four more today. I hope to apply for four more tomorrow and the next day and the next day. Wait. That would be 20 jobs. The world should be relieved I'm not applying to be a mathematician.

Ugh.

My rear end is sore from sitting here all day. Not to get too personal, but I don't have enough natural padding. I suppose that's a good thing, but it sure gets uncomfortable after a few hours. Perhaps I should sit on a pillow throughout the day. That would have the added benefit of making me feel taller. No one is around to mock me, except the dog. That dog has no problem with her personal natural padding. She's a canine food vacuum.

Ugh.

My son is upstairs in the living room playing some video game of his. It sounds like Mario. The same bouncy, boingy, idiotic music is playing over and over again. Mario is shouting, "Ya HOO! Ya HOO!" This is the soundtrack for today's job search. I can't wait for this level to be complete, so I can finally find the "boss." A real boss. Not one who wants to pound me into oblivion, though. Ya HOO...

Ugh.

It's 3:49 in the afternoon. No, it's 3:50. I am not watching the little digital computer clock, I swear. Oh, it's 3:51. In the afternoon. Not quite four. Hmm. 3:52. Do I hear 3:53? There it is. Time is marching on. I wish I could march on. I have to stay here and research a local company I'm interested in. It's now 3:54. Sure is taking me a long time to type a single paragraph. 3:55.

Ugh.

I'm not wearing fuzzy animal slippers. Not at this hour, anyway. And that's just coffee. See the steam?


No comments:

Post a Comment