Thursday, January 26, 2012

No more moves!

I stink at Bejeweled.

Now that I have a lot of time on my hands, I play it about once a day if I get burned out during my job search. I  have modified my Nook e-reader to also be a full-fledged Android tablet, and Amazon offered the Bejeweled app for free around the holidays.

Free is good when you are unemployed.

Somehow, no matter what I do, I rarely get past level five. Once I got all the way to lucky level 13, but I have come to the inescapable conclusion that I was temporarily possessed by the spirit of someone far more intelligent than me, who was bored with haunting the place that bored spirits haunt, and was tired of watching me fumble my way through the game. "Here! Let me show you! Get out of the way!"

It might have been Patrick Swayze. I had the urge to make pottery afterwards.

So far, I've never again come close to that level. Maybe the spirit who helped me earned his/her/it's wings that way, and is now playing in the great Bejeweled tournament in the sky, looking down on me occasionally and shaking their head sadly.

I have high hopes, though. Someday, when the stars are aligned properly, on that day not too far distant in the future when I find another job, on that day I will play Bejeweled and breeze past level 13, and on that day as level 14 begins to appear, the screen will freeze and I'll press buttons frantically and have to reset my Nook and I'll lose my highest score ever.

You have to be optimistic about these things.



2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh, Steve!!! Miss your humor sitting across from my cube every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed all of your entries so far, but it's nice to experience a little "steve humor" too! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete