Finally, rain. And lots of it. Beginning yesterday evening and lasting through the night and into the morning, it just poured down. A long steady rain with bright flashes of lighting and long echoes of rolling thunder. We so desperately needed it. I hope it starts up again, but it looks as if the major part of the storm has moved to our east. Thankful for what we had, though.
This morning I drove my daughter over to Collin College for an early class she has. It was really dark when we left, and with all of the rain coming down, traffic was a nightmare. We finally got to the college and she jumped out of the car with her umbrella and book bag and ran into the building. Since her class is only a little over an hour long, I just stayed at the college. I went to the college library, which is a beautiful building, and bought a cup of coffee and read my Nook at a table over in a far corner of their little cafe. All the while, the rain continued to come down.
There is some flooding. I'm not sure how bad it is throughout the Metroplex, but some low-lying areas around here look like ponds or small lakes. A tiny stream that I often see while driving through McKinney is now overflowing with water. And at the Heard, some of the dinosaurs look like they're wading in the water. I hope they're not damaged.
Well, I'm a little disappointed today. I did not get an editing job I interviewed for earlier this month. I called the hiring manager today, and she called me back a little while ago. They offered the position to someone else. I think I know who. If it's who I think it is, she was poised and professional during the group interview. She should be really good for them. Honestly, I wish I had gotten the job, but I'm going to hold onto the "when one door closes another one opens" philosophy and just keep plugging away.
There's a possibility that I may get another face-to-face interview next week for a job in Irving. I had a great phone interview with their HR manager before the holidays, but they had to put the hiring process on hold for a number of reasons. I found out today that they will start looking into filling the position next week. I would love to work at this place, as the job seems really interesting and challenging.
After being out of work for the past three months, I am eager and ready for a challenge. This job search stuff gets old. I want to work, and I want it badly.




No comments:
Post a Comment