Friday, February 24, 2012

So what am I going to call this blog now?

I lost my old job on 11/11/11. 

I found a new job on 2/24/12.

Yea!

Since late last year, I have been locked to this computer, sending out an endless stream of resumes and cover letters to potential employers. Yet now, today, I've found one. I've been hired by a really cool company in Addison. I can focus on the future, learn lots of interesting new things, and contribute my time and talents to the success of another company.

Yea!

I was so worried about finding another job. All kinds of potential scenarios went through my head. So many "what if" thoughts chased each other with a redundant rapidity through my brain. They were there when I went to bed, and they were there when I woke up in the morning. But now, it's like a great weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Yea!

Not having a job is scary! I don't see how people who have been without work for a year or more cope with it.  November to February was more than enough to me. The stress and sadness of not working take their toll on your body and your soul. There were many times, especially early on, when I would sit here at this computer and find myself totally stressed out. WhatamIgonnado, whatamIgonnado, whatamIgonnado, whatamIgonnado?

Sometimes I'd have to consciously force myself to take slow, deep breaths, relax my shoulder muscles, close my eyes and just focus on my steady breathing (a trick I learned in my Job Seekers group at church). It worked, though. It really helped. Well, that and some dark chocolate.

So now, it's done. I have another job. I start Monday. Thank God.

Yea!

I'll have to rethink this blog. I plan to continue it, but I guess I'll have to shift the focus away from my job search to delving more deeply into the Wonderful World of Steve.

Yea?

One last thing to mention. When I left my previous job, my supervisor's name was Stephanie. When I was looking for a new job, a lot of my support came from a Life Coach named Stephanie. Now that I've found another job, my supervisor's name is, of course, Stephanie.

Thank you, Stephanie.

Back to work!

Yea!



1 comment: